It is hard:
for a poor man to be generous.
- for a proud man to learn the Way of Enlightenment.
- to seek Enlightenment at the cost of self sacrifice.
- to be born while Buddha is in the world.
- to keep the mind pure against the instincts of the body.
- not to desire things that are beautiful and attractive.
- for a strong man not to use his strength to satisfy his desires.
- not to get angry when one is insulted.
- to remain innocent when tempted by sudden circumstances.
- not to despise a beginner.
- to keep oneself humble.
- to find good friends.
- to endure the disciipline that leads to enlightenment.
- not to be disturbed by external conditions and circumstances.
- to teach others by knowing their abilities
- to maintain a peaceful mind.
- not to argue about right and wrong.
- to find and learn a good method.